Helen took a pix of me in Hawaii. Actually, she took a photo of her red toenails.
Anyway, here are pages at my website about Silicon Valley, travel, words, food, and cats.
Popular Stuff at my Website
- My eyewitness account of the Fall of the Berlin Wall (yes, I was there when the Berlin Wall fell)
- Hokusai (1760-1849), the Japanese artist, changed 20th century art. How you see art today came from his work. His inspiration? Dutch wrapping paper.
- Read several poems by Mary Oliver
- When did guys start wearing beards? See the origin of the fad for beards
- Why are Rodin's sculptures so popular? See what I wrote about Rodin's The Thinker, The Gates of Hell, The Three Shades, The Kiss, and Bellona, Goddess of War at Rodin
- What to see and do in Silicon Valley
- What to see and do in San Francisco
- Our trips to Shanghai and Beijing | Sichuan, China | France, Germany, and Denmark | Saudi Arabia | Bangalore (India)
- Driving the San Francisco Bay Area City Ring
- How to take better photos with your cell phone
- How to convert Minox slides into digital photos
- GIF, JPG, or PNG image formats
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about Computer Stuff
- I'm often asked, "How can I make money with a blog?" Here is data on the payments from Google Adsense for your blog and Youtube videos.
- Why does Google, Youtube, Facebook allow neonazi, fascists, nuts, and Russia to post ? In 1996, dotcom lawyers added one line to 47 U.S.C. §230(c)(1) in the Communications Decency Act. Here are the implications of that law.
- Did you know the Internet once ran on steam?
- Did you know Google was named after Barney Google?
- Although Google is the world's largest ad agency (7X larger than WPP), Google doesn't understand marketing. It has launched over Google 100 products without any marketing and they died.
- What is geodemographics?
- List of +300 growth hacking tricks
- My laws of computering
- How to prevent Repetitive Strain Injury RSI
- FAQ on SSI
- My HTML cheatsheet
- How to use free cell phones for emergency 911 calls
- What I did for MIT OpencourseWare OCW
- How to recharge your cell phone with ordinary batteries
- How to NFC Tags: What they are and how to make one
- How to I made one of the first websites for PDAs (Personal Digital Assitants). See what the web was like before smart phones.
- Just to make sure that Google can find this, here is my HTML sitemap and Build your own Silicon Valley startup
- One-page business plan for your startup (template)
- The Grandmother Pitch How to write an elevator pitch that really works
- Photos of Silicon Valley for my book on startups
- Networks and associations in Silicon Valley
- Research into viral marketing, virality, and word-of-mouth
- How to find jobs in Silicon Valley
- Writing your resume for Silicon Valley
- How overtime law in Silicon Valley was changed
My Webinars on Digital Marketing
- I teach webinars on digital marketing for the DMA-NC. Open to everyone.
Words, Words, Words...
- List of my favorite words
- Top 1,000 words in the English language
- Top 100 novels of the 1900s | Top 100 novels of the 1800s | top 100 novels of the 1700s
- Where to get thousands of free ebooks
- A very funny play by Dario Fo: Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Rarely performed in the US (no wonder...)
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Big Ball of Wax by Shepherd Mead
- High Stakes by Charles Ferguson
- Linked: The New Science of Networks by Albert-Laszlo Barabasi
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Food, Recipes, and Restaurants
- My Guide to Breakfast in Silicon Valley, Guide to Happy Hour in Silicon Valley, and Guide to Late Night Food in Silicon Valley
- Learn how to make Mayan Hot Chocolate, as in the movie Chocolat
- Enough reading? How about some food? Recipes by Susan Steinsapir and Helen's Miso Salad Dressing
- We reviewed the nine lunch cafeterias at Cisco. Which one has the best lunch?
- Ray Bruman's The World Famous List of Weird and Disgusting Foods
- My cat's website at Anaximander-Katzenjammer.com (and his Twitter page @AnaximanderKatz) (he has more followers than I do)
- Here’s the famous CAT Users’ Manual (no, not Japanese robot cats)
- How I brought my cats to the US
Stuff that Fits Nowhere Else...
- How the police use Twitter
- Thurston Howell the Third's Teddy Bear
- The invititation to my Y2K Party
- The invitation to our funeral for the Dotcom boom
- See what you can find at andreas.com