The Big Book of Content Marketing, by Andreas Ramos. ISBN 978-0-9893600-0-5 USA. May 28th, 2013. 154 pages, illustrated, index. Available at Amazon in print or Kindle. In the USA by andreas.com, in Paris by Betwin Press, and Mexico City by Jus. #BBoCM
80% of your digital advertising doesn't reach your audience. People delete cookies or use ad blocking software. There's a new solution. Use content marketing and people will come to you. This book shows you how to align your marketing with your company's business goals to meet top-line and bottom-line KPIs.
Get a Free Kindle App
How to read the digital book? Use the Free Amazon Kindle App for your iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, smart phone, laptop, computer, Etch-a-Sketch, etc..
Get the Book: Available worldwide at Amazon. ISBN 978-0-9893600-0-5. 160 pages, illustrated, index. Pricing depends on your country and currency.
I often write about content marketing my blog.andreas.com and Twitter. You can also subscribe to my newsletter. See also the LinkedIn Groups: Content Marketing Professionals Association and Content Marketing Group.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more about Andreas.
Reviews: What Others Say about the Book
Listed alphabetically by first name.
"Andreas Ramos is the finest thought leader and writer I know in the digital marketing field. I have read his prior books and applied his thinking successfully in my digital media businesses. His new book is the best: it is up to date, clear, easy to read and very insightful. Everyone interested in successful digital marketing should have this book on the top of their reading list!"
"With customers doing more and more product research before even ever speaking with a company, content is now king. Andreas Ramos captures the keys to making content effective in driving revenue for B2C and B2B marketers alike."
"Wondering what all the big fuss is about with content marketing? The Big Book of Content Marketing explains exactly why this dynamic practice is here to stay. This book demonstrates the incredible reach content marketing provides businesses while giving readers the inside track on industry best practices. Buy this book now and grow your sphere of influence!"
"This book is loaded with facts and examples. I love the QR codes. This is an excellent book for the beginner or expert marketeer looking to build credibility into their marketing campaign. It's all about the money, and money comes from the funnel. This book shows you how Content Marketing pulls money from the funnel - which could land an investor for a startup or a bigger budget for your department. This one is definitely going into my Technical Marketing toolbox."
"The web is now part of our daily life, and high quality content is key for a top user experience. This book gives you basic insights on how to reach your ultimate target: the user, and how to listen to his real needs using a thorough approach based on reliable and measurable data. Concepts like salience, geodemographics, the 90/9/1 rule, help you understand how it really works. Andreas has a broad expertise to show you the tools for successful content marketing."
"This book provides insightful frameworks into content marketing with web technology in mind so that content can be best utilized, optimized, and tracked. Marketing professionals trying to find connections with customers will find this book invaluable."
"Looking for the what, how, and why of content marketing - or customer-centric marketing as the author would have it - then look no further. I've been introduced to many books about content marketing, but rarely have I seen a book on the subject, which is both an easy read and a comprehensive guide to the what, how and why of creating a plan for marketing your product online. This book has something to offer for the rookies as well as the pros. Whether you are a student, marketing manager in a large organization or a small start up, you'll be able to draw up your own marketing road map by reading and following the advice given by Andreas in his new book. The book covers everything from the context in which content marketing should be placed to how customer-focused content, not sales people, can help your business grow."
"Andreas Ramos's latest book provides a fantastic overview of content marketing. It covers the full range of topics, from the basics of marketing to SEO, tracking, and metrics, all illustrated with meaningful and memorable examples. I highly recommend this book to any organization that is looking to get its message out and expand its client base. I also highly recommend this book to marketing students and course instructors. It would fit perfectly within any e-marketing, marketing communications, or marketing strategy course at the undergraduate, masters, or MBA level. For any audience interested in marketing, this book is a must-read."
"Wow - my IQ just went up dramatically! The Big Book of Content Marketing is excellent. Not only did my content marketing intelligence rise exponentially, so did my overall digital marketing intelligence. I am going to recommend this book as mandatory classroom reading."
"Amazing. Chinese companies can learn the latest in Silicon Valley marketing. Andreas writes clear and accessible English for a worldwide audience. You must get this book."
"The Big Book of Content Marketing not only shows readers why content marketing will be vital to brands in the coming decade, but also how to activate your content team around industry-leading strategies proven for success. For brands looking to take the next step in building their online presence, this book is a must-read."
"Content marketing is becoming an essential tool for changing your business with content that your customers need."
"Out with vanity marketing and vanity metrics, in with The Big Book of Content Marketing. This book provides the tools to create, distribute, and measure the impact of your personal brand without the fluff."
"This is not one of those fluffy guides to marketing concepts. Actionable and intelligently written, The Big Book on Content Marketing reads like a blueprint for driving tangible results via the art and science of modern content and inbound marketing."
Statements are the opinions of individuals. Titles and affiliations are provided for identification purposes only and do not reflect the views of the institution.
Email me at email@example.com.
Overview of the Book: The Chapters
- How We Got Here: Advertising and the Web: Traditional advertising was based on traditional media's mode of production and distribution. Web 1.0's near-zero costs for reproduction and delivery is destroying traditional media's business model. Web 2.0 enabled the audience to research on its own and talk among themselves. Content marketing is built on these changes.
- The Basics of Marketing: How content marketing fits into the larger framework of marketing. To create good content, you first prepare the groundwork with business goals, branding, messaging, audience and the sales funnel.
- Creating Your Content: Content marketing is a collection of people, strategies, and tactics. We'll go through all of these to see how they are assembled together so you can choose the parts that work for you.
- The Hub-and-Spoke Model of Content: Let's step back and look at the Big Picture. What is the relation between your website, the content, the distribution sites, and your audience? Let's look at hub-and-spoke and the content engine. What's wrong with the hub-and-spoke model? Where's your audience?
- Your Active Audience 90/9/1: 1% of any audience creates new ideas, 9% talk about the ideas, and the remaining 90% follows the conversation. By reaching the 1%, you can reach the 99%. This chapter outlines the use of content marketing for influencer marketing.
- SEO and Content Marketing: This chapter looks at how search engines work. I have 15+ years experience in SEO and I'll tell you the secrets of SEO. The rise of Web 2.0 and social media however gave people the ability to find and share information with their friends. This means if you create very good content, it'll be distributed on its own.
- Advertising's Role in Content Marketing: Advertising has its place as a tactic in a content marketing strategy. You can use advertising to rapidly create awareness and drive traffic to a new product or service. This chapter shows you how to use PPC as part of content marketing.
- Tracking, Metrics, and Business Goals: The goal of content marketing is to support your company's business goals. That means top-line and bottom-line metrics, which are measured with KPIs, CPL, CPA, and so on. This chapter covers metrics, tracking, and KPIs. You can turn marketing into a measurable activity that supports business goals.