When I told my friends I was writing a book on how to write books, they said, "OMG! I need that book!”
- Why write a book? A book brings you opportunities.
- By writing nonfiction books, you get projects, jobs, speaking engagements, invitations to join advisory boards with pre-IPO stock, and invitations to start companies. And yes, dates.
- You can write and publish your nonfiction book in 90 days. Yes, really!
#1 Amazon Best Seller
Within three days, the book became the #1 Amazon Best Seller in two categories: Publishing and Business Writing.
I've written ten books on SEO and digital marketing along with more than 75 computer manuals. In this book, I show you how to write, publish, and distribute your book to support your career.
What They Say
“Wow, that’ll be really useful for me.” “Send me the rough draft, like, right now?” “I really need that book.” “When is this coming out?” "I wish I had this years ago." "Awesome!" -- Roslyn, Monte, Suzana, Patti, Ronda, Mario, Wendy
Non-Fiction vs. Fiction?
My book is for non-fiction. Fiction (novels, etc.) is different. It takes longer, there's a different way to write, and it's difficult to get readers. You can use my book to learn how to print your novel at Amazon, but everything else is different. If you want to write fiction, look at KM Weiland's site at HelpingWritersBecomeAuthors.com.
Get the Book
Get your book at Amazon.com. Available worldwide (except the Middle East and parts of Asia).
For All Digital Devices
You can read this on your Amazon Kindle, Apple iPad, iPhone, Android phone, Windows computer (desktop/laptop), Mac computer (desktop/laptop), in any browser, and more. To do this, go to Amazon. Click "Shop by Department", select "Kindle E-readers and Books", and in the side window, select "Free Kindle Reading Apps". Start at Amazon.
Digital and Print
The book is both digital ($2.95) and paperback ($9.95).
Published by andreas.com, August 2014. 179 pages (printed), illustrated, index. #writebook, #amwriting, #author. Printed and distributed by Amazon. ISBN 978-0-9893600-5-0. ASIN: B00MOYSUNY
See updates and more at blog.andreas.com. You can also subscribe to my Monthly Newsletter.
The following checklists, contracts, and files are free downloads. To get a copy of these files, right-click each link and select Save As:
- Checklist for editing and indexing
- Contract for your contractors
- Contract for model release
- Contract for your copyeditor
- Checklist for the digital layout
- Checklist for the print layout
- Checklist for releasing and promoting the book
- The cover (front, spine, back) for the book
- Interviews with authors and publishers, incl. Bruce Hartford, Carla King, David Smith, Dawn Wynne, Eva Maria Knudsen, Gillian Bagwell, Lisa Carlson, Mike Moran, Raul Ramos, Roger Stewart, Susan Levitt, Andreas Ramos
Links in the Book
A list of the useful links in the book:
- Find copyeditors at EditorsForum.org, Editcetera.com, The-EFA.org
- Grammar and punctuation at ThePunctuationGuide.com
- Learn how to self publish at SelfPubBootCamp.com
- See the amount of traffic at top websites at Quantcast.com/top-sites
- Question-and-answer sites at Answers.yahoo.com, AllExperts, theanswerbank.co.uk, Quora.com
- Find related hashtags at Hashtagify.me
- See traffic for hashtags at Topsy.com
- Scrub an email list at DataValidation.com
- Get crowd funding your book project at Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Pubslush, Inkshare.com, Unbound.com(UK)
- Produce and distribute digital or print books with Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, or Lulu.com
- Cloud storage and file sharing with Box.com, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive
- Find free images at commons.wikimedia.org
- Get speaking opportunities at NSASpeaker.org
- Search for copies of your images at TinEye.com
- Find ghostwriters at BlogDash, Blogmutt, Business2Blogger.com, Contently, Docstoc.com, eCopyWriters, Zerys, The 90MinuteBook.com
- Find cover designers and illustrators at eLance.com, ODesk.com, FreeLancer.com
- Keyboards at DasKeyboard.com
- Flesch-Kincaid reading score at Readability-Score.com
- Voice recognition at Nuance.com
- Ghostwriting Julian Assange’s autobiography at goo.gl/71P29m
- Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI) at goo.gl/CrAKYv
- Mark Coker at Smashwords discusses sales data for thousands of books to find the best price. See goo.gl/clwxHB
- Study by Dr. Weinberg at Queens College (NYC) on writers' income at goo.gl/zCgwNw
- McKinsey study shows email is 40X effective over social media at goo.gl/BU28Fv
- FTC Guidelines on Testimonials and Endorsements at 1.usa.gov/13U7Uin