I wrote this for my friends, students, and anyone interested in digital marketing who asked questions, tried new strategies, discovered new ideas, and talked with me about AI, ChatGPT, and prompt crafting. Get it as a free Kindle ebook at Amazon or a PDF from andreas.com.
This ebook is from the opening section in my course on AI for marketing. I teach university-level corporate-quality courses on how to use AI for marketing. Learn more at DMAnc.org workshops.
Do you have suggestions and ideas for improving this guide? Send your ideas, questions, suggestions, and comments.
Additional Recommended Reading for AI and LLM
Useful books and articles about artificial intelligence (AI) and Large Language Models (LLM). When you find good articles or books (in English, Danish, German, or French), let me know. I update this every few weeks.Understand ChatGPT
I strongly recommend these to start. Read them several times until you understand them. This will let you understand the rest of these links.
- Tim Lee: A clear explanation of LLMs and AI.
- "What Is ChatGPT" by Stephen Wolfram
- Summary of the Wolfram book by me
- Behavior of LLMs
- Planning for AGI
- Inside story by the developers of ChatGPT:
- ChatGPT overview
- ChatGPT introduction
- More tools
- Release Notes
- Google I/O May 2023 in ten minutes
- Position paper by Sundar Pichai (CEO of Google), Demis Hassabis (Founder and CEO of Deepmind at Google), Jeff Dean (Lead of Google AI), Marian Croak (VP Engineering at Google)
- How LaMDA was developed. Capabilities, limits, and social concerns.
- The Moat: an internal analysis doc
- 2023 Nvidia Keynote (video). What Nvidia is doing in many different fields. Go to 36:27 and 53:26 for interesting stuff.
- "Chip War" by Chris Miller. What are GPU and why they matter for AI (book). Strongly recommended.
- Stanford report on the state of AI 2023
- Dan McCreary
- Digital China
- Errors in AI. A Categorical Archive of ChatGPT Failures by Ali Borji
- Information for developers and investors to understand AI. From A16Z.com
- Explanation of LLM
- "The Ghost In The Machine: Emergence And Intelligence In Large Language Models" by Ali Minai. Part one. Part two.
- "God Human Animal Machine" by Meghan O'Gieblyn (book, available at Amazon). Very good essay about the origins and nature of consciousness.
- Susan Schneider
- Sam Bowman, NYU professor and researcher in AI
- Rob Toews in Forbes
- GPU-Rich, GPU-Poor
- On the limits of language
- "Prompt Crafting for Digital Marketing" ebook by Andreas Ramos
- OpenAI ChatGPT's Guide to Prompts
- "The Complete ChatGPT Journey from Novice to Expert by Jawhny Cooke" (book at Amazon)
- "Prompt Engineering" by Padmaraj Nidagundi (book at Amazon)
- "The Art of Prompt Engineering with ChatGPT" by Nathan Hunter (get the Accessible Version) (book at Amazon)
- "Mastering ChatGPT4" by Mihajlo Zelenkovski (good examples of images and prompts at p. 100-108). (book at Amazon)